Happy Friday! I can’t believe it’s finally February! I feel like January just went on and on and on. But, now it’s finally February, and I’m so excited because I have so many great things to look forward to over the next few weeks. But first, I’m going to take the time to share about the great things that have happened this past week, because I do still need to be thankful for the other great parts of my life too. Besides, I’ve missed doing these High Five for Friday posts. They’re always so fun! So here’s five great things in my life right now!
1. Where Hope Begins by Catherine West. Oh my goodness, I cannot even tell you how much I loved this book. I just finished it this past Tuesday, and I am still thinking about it. I’ve gotten into audiobooks recently, because my life is just so crazy busy and I never have time to read—unless it’s textbooks (groan)—but I’m constantly driving or walking the dog, or other things like that, so I’ve really started to enjoy having an audiobook to listen to during those times. The funny thing is, when you listen to books like Where Hope Begins, sometimes you end up sitting at a red light crying your eyes out while the people in the car next to you look at you like you’re a crazy person. But it was worth it. This book really touched my heart—just like all of Catherine’s books do—and I can’t wait to tell you more about it. But, I’m still woefully behind on my reviewing, so that might be awhile
And now I’ve moved on to listening to Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay, and I am loving this one too. Lizzy is a chef, and listening to her story has made me so inspired in the kitchen lately. I made pasta last night and it was delicious, but I still feel like there will be more cooking in my future as I continue to listen to this book.
2. Quiet devotional times. I know that this isn’t specific to this week, and it doesn’t really seem like something major or especially exciting, but I have been loving the devotional book I have been using, and taking even just a few minutes for a quiet time each morning just gives me such a relaxed, peaceful, God-filled start to my day that I really love having. My sister gave me Write the Word: Cultivate Renewal by Lara Casey, and I have been really enjoying the simplicity of this devotional. There’s a spot at the top of each page to write something I’m thankful for, which helps me to always be in a more thankful mood, and then there’s a scripture reference to look up and write out on the front of the page, with space on the back for reflections, a prayer, or anything else that is on my mind at the time. I have never had a devotional like this one before, but I think it is just the perfect thing for my busy mornings and where I am at in my walk with God.
3. Nights with the family (mine or my boyfriends). This past week, I have spent two nights playing games with family—one with my family and one with my boyfriends—and I have really enjoyed taking the time to just sit down and do something fun together. My family always ends up arguing, but then someone will make a stupid joke and we’ll all end up in stitches, completely forgetting about whatever we were arguing about minutes before. It always makes for a very interesting, enjoyable time.
Bryce (my boyfriend) has a little bit of a different atmosphere at his house, but I love being there just the same. He has 9 siblings, so there is almost always someone to play with, and his littlest sisters (ages 7 &9) absolutely love when we play games with them, so we spent quite a while playing Spot It with them this past week.
4. My book boxes!!! I know, this technically isn’t just this week either, as I started these early last month, but I am just so excited to finally get them really up and running. Since school started not long after I first shared my boxes—and my classes immediately started with a TON of homework—I haven’t had the time to really build them up and promote them, but I am going to start really putting them out there soon. I want to make them something that people will really enjoy, boxes that are full of great goodies and wonderful books and something that my subscribers will look forward to every month. So, that is the goal!
5. Game Night!! My boyfriend and I are a part of a fantastic small group that meets every Friday night, and I am just so thankful for that group. I have wonderful friends from that group that I meet with all the time for tea and conversation, and my boyfriend has friends too and is soon to become a leader of the group, so I feel like we are thriving there. Anyway, we’re having a game night tonight and I am so looking forward to it! Almost every one of the regular attenders is bringing a friend, so I know we are going to have quite a large group, which is going to make for a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. That sounds like the most perfect way to spend a Friday night.
I hope your week has been just as fantastic! And that you have the best Friday and a FANTASTIC weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!
High Five for Friday is a weekly linkup hosted by tons of bloggers, I’m linking up at Della Devoted.